Friday, November 22, 2013

There's a Math library for OneNote and Word!


I use OneNote as my virtual notepad.  I love being able to have my notes in whatever type of office doc, pdf, etc. sync'd and available in my SkyDrive.

I recently had an issue with math notes that caused Mathematica1 font to display as a unknown character (small rectangle which is the default character when an app cannot find the font) as seen in here. 

I resolved the font issue by using Mathematica1Mono instead (bottom of graphic), however the beneficial positive outcome of this issue lies in my stumbling upon a Math library for OneNote and Word 2013 in my search for a resolution.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36777
(There is also a 2010 version) with these wonderful features:
  • Compute standard mathematical functions, such as roots and logarithms.
  • Compute trigonometric functions, such as sine and cosine.
  • Find derivatives and integrals, limits, and sums and products of series.
  • Perform matrix operations, such as inverses, addition, and multiplication.
  • Perform operations on complex numbers.
  • Plot 2-D graphs in Cartesian and polar coordinates.
  • Plot 3-D graphs in Cartesian, cylindrical, and spherical coordinates.
  • Solve equations and inequalities.
  • Calculate statistical functions, such as mode and variance, on lists of numbers.
  • Factor polynomials or integers.
  • Simplify or expand algebraic expressions.

No comments: